Fill in the blanks.
1. __________ was the first product from Vermont forests and was made by pouring __________ through the ashes from burned trees.
2. As water-powered __________ were built to cut trees for lumber, canals and __________ made it easier to get the lumber out of Vermont.
3. Today __________ % of Vermont's land is forested. This is true in part because many abandoned __________ have returned to forest.
4. One of the problems with lumbering in the 1800's was __________ __________ of large areas of trees. This often caused __________ __________.
5. Today __________ are planted to help renew trees that are cut.
6. Trees cut in Vermont are used for __________, __________, __________, __________, __________, and __________.
7. __________ is used for making paper and cardboard.
8. Woodchips and firewood are two examples of trees being used to general power and __________ __________ in Vermont.