Questions about Vermont's counties.
1. What were some of the boundary and land problems that had to be dealt with when Vermont was becoming a state?
2. What is a county seat or shire town?
3. Why is it important to learn about Vermont's counties?
Questions on Vermont Towns.
1. How does a place become a city?
2. What is a gore and from where does the name come?
3. In what kind of a place do you live (city, town, village, locality, etc.)?
On the map of Vermont, locate the town or city in which you live and shade in that area. Draw in the outline of your county. In what part of the county is your town or city located--north south, east, west, central? In what part of the state is your town or city located?
Click Here to do a Word Search!