· Students are required to have a 3.0 overall GPA and a 3.0 GPA in Education courses before student teaching.
· Students should not take more than 2 Education courses per semester.
· The required GED 651 course is only taught in the Spring semester.
who study abroad will need to leave in the Fall semester in order to
take the required GED651 course in the Spring semester.
· Both Praxis 1 and 2 need to be passed before the beginning of student teaching.
· Students take EITHER GED 649 (fall) OR GED 678 (spring) in the senior year.
· Students seeking a PreK-12 licensure endorsement need to take BOTH Ed 251 and Ed 271 and take a practicum in the semester of the senior year they are not student teaching. (This needs to be at the opposite grade level from student teaching- eg; student teaching at high school, Practicum at elementary school).
· Students just wishing a PK-6 Art Licensure do not need to take Adolescent Development or Practicum (though will have to make up one additional course to complete an Art Education Major).
· Students just wishing a 7-12 Art Licensure do not need to take Child Development or Practicum (though will have to make up one additional course to complete an Art Education Major).
For more information contact Dr. Jonathan Silverman at jsilverman @smcvt.edu (remove the space)