Inserting sound into MS-FrontPage
- To associate a background sound with a page
1. With a page open in the FrontPage Editor, on the File menu, choose Page Properties.
2. In the Background Sound section in the General tab, enter the absolute URL of the sound file. Click Browse to open the Background Sound dialog box where you can choose a file from the current FrontPage web, your file system, the World Wide Web, or click Clip Art to choose a sound from the Microsoft Clip Gallery.
3. In the Loop field, enter the number of times to repeat the background sound. To play the sound continuously, select Forever.
4. Click OK.
- To insert a sound file
Create a hyperlink to a sound file (CD or CD-ROM on d: drive, .wav or midi files on the c:drive, and others). Find the file.
1. Type in a word or create an object that you link to a sound file, e.g. music
With a page open in the FrontPage Editor, on the Insert menu, choose File. Link the object to the music file..
- Finding a sound file on the hard drive
To find a sound (.wav, midi or .avi--video) file, right-click on Start. Choose Find. Select the c: drive. Click Browse. All sound files available on the hard drive will be listed.