on E-Mail and MOOs
Little, D., Ushioda, E., Appel, M. C., Schwienhorst, K., ORourke, B. & Moran, J. (1999). Evaluating Tandem Language Learning by E-mail. Report on a Bilateral Project. CLCS Occasional Paper No. 55. Dublin: Trinity College, Centre for Language & Communication Studies.
Schwienhorst, K. (forthcoming). Matching pedagogy and technology- Tandem learning and learner autonomy in online virtual language environments. EC Report: Language Teaching On-Line.
Schwienhorst, K., & O'Rourke, B. (in preparation). Learner databases and virtual worlds- creating collaborative learning environments on the Internet. Paper presented at the Languages for Specific Purposes and Academic Purposes- Integrating Theory and Practice, Dublin.
Schwienhorst, K. (1998). Co-constructing learning environments and learner identities- language learning in virtual reality. Paper presented at the ED-Media/ ED-Telecom, Freiburg.
Further Reading on MOOs
- MOOs and Language Learning by Lesley Shield, Markus J. Weininger & Lawrence (Larry) B. Davies
- Introduction to MOO by Lesley Shield and Markus J. Weininger with Markus Kötter
- The MOO Project by truna aka j.turner and Val Pohio
- MOOing in a Foreign Language: How, Why & Who by Lonnie Turbee
- MOO Teacher's Tip Sheet by Tracy Gardner
- Learn English at SchMOOze University by Yoshi, aka, AWAJI Yoshimasa
- Schwienhorst, K. (1998). The "third place"- virtual reality applications for second language learning. ReCALL, 10(1), 118-126.
- Schwienhorst, K. (1997). Virtual environments and synchronous communication: collaborative language learning in object-oriented multiple-user domains (MOOs). In D. Little & B. Voss (Eds.), Language Centres: Planning for the New Millenium (pp. 126-144). Plymouth: CERCLES.
- Schwienhorst, K. (1997). Modes of interactivity- Internet resources for second language learning. In D. Kranz, L. Legenhausen, & B. Lüking (Eds.). Multimedia - Internet - Lernsoftware: Fremdsprachenunterricht vor neuen Herausforderungen? (pp. 105-110). Münster: Agenda Verlag.
MOOs as 'constructive spaces': Further Reading
- Godzilla Can MOO, Can You? by Lawrence (Larry) B. Davies, Lesley Shield, & Markus J. Weininger
- A Walk on the ICE by truna aka j.turner
- This Old MOO : A Series of Tutorials for Users of Connections by Tari Fanderclai [written for Connections MOO users but generally useable for any MOO]
- It's Fun to Have Fun But You Have to Know How! or, How Cavorting on the Net Will Save the Academy by Beccy Rickly
- NETEACH-L MOO page by Greg Younger (gregor). The LOGS will be of interest for those of you exploring the possibilities of Distance Education.
Schwienhorst, K. (forthcoming). Teacher autonomy in MOOs- supporting language teaching in collaborative virtual environments. Journal of Information Technology for Teacher Education.
Electronic Journal of Communication -- did an entire issue on computer-mediated discourse analysis at one time. However, it appears that you must join the Communication Institute for Online Scholarship before you may search their archives.
Educational Technology Conservatory
Nursing The Internet: A Case Study of Nurses' Use Of Computer-Mediated Communications -- Peter J. Murray
Aspects of the context of email interaction: Some preliminary musings on Netdynam
Internet Constructed Texts -- Terrell Neuage. Hypertextual Literature, Internet constructed texts, WWW, World Wide Web, e-mail, newsgroups, MUDs, Internet, chat rooms, literature, communication, multimedia, hypertext, hypermedia, dialogue, discourse, Discussion Groups, MOOs, semiotics, intertextuality, Internet2
Mark Warschauer's Home Page - contains a study comparing students' interaction using Daedalus and in face-to-face interaction
TalkSender <http://www.talksender.com/> -- TalkSender delivers the most efficient,easiest to use e-mail marketing system with the most extensive analytical and reporting systems in the Industry. Whether your e-mail campaign is going out to 1,000 or 10 Million people, with, or without audio, we deliver a complete, web-based solution for e-mail marketing today.
Christine's Links to Useful
TESL/CALL Web Sites
Last Updated: June 29, 2016
Christine Bauer-Ramazani. All rights reserved. This site may not be mirrored.