Writer's name: ______________________
Reviewer's name: ______________________
Directions: Review the paragraph assignment and put a checkmark next to the items
that you find. Put NO if the item is not complete.
- _____ The paper has the writer's name,
the course name/number, the professor's name, and the date at the top
of the page in correct format.
- _____ The writer kept the margins on both sides.
- _____ The writer wrote the paragraph in every other line,
leaving one line blank (double-spacing).
- _____ The writer wrote the sentences
continuously, without leaving blank spaces in each line.
- _____ The writer left an indentation at the
beginning of the paragraph.
- _____ The paragraph has a title in the
middle of the page.
- _____ The title includes the key words of the
- _____ The paragraph has a topic sentence that
includes the key words from the title and expresses the main idea.
- _____ The paragraph has a bridge sentence that
links the topic sentence to the reasons or explanations.
- _____ The paragraph has at least 3 supporting
points (reasons/explanations) and 3 specific details for the
- _____ The paragraph has transitions to introduce
the supporting points.
- _____ The paragraph repeats key words or uses
- _____ The sentences in the paragraph are in
- _____ The paragraph has a concluding sentence
that repeats the idea from the topic sentence and includes the key
- _____ The paragraph is clear. All sentences
are easy to understand/follow.
- _____ The writer has a period at the end
of every sentence.
- _____ The writer uses proper capitalization for
the beginning of sentences and names.
- _____ The writer uses proper punctuation rules
- _____ The writer uses correct spacing between
words and with punctuation marks.
Christine Bauer-Ramazani, Saint Michael's
College. Last updated:
November 20, 2014