Your Quest is to choose a pet that you would like to own. Before narrowing down your choice, you first must research 5 different pets you are interested in to learn about the responsibilities involved in owning and caring for a pet. You will work in teams of three to use the Internet to research information, such as supplies, costs, and time involved in caring for the five pets you are interested in owning. Your team will then narrow down the choices to three pets and research these pets in more detail, using other Internet sources and e-mailing a pet expert. The team will then reconvene to create a final presentation using PowerPoint.
1. First you'll be assigned to a team of 3 students
2. Next you must choose a role that you will take on for this WebQuest.
Person 2- Financer: This person will research how much it will cost to buy supplies for 5 different pets and record their findings on the Research Worksheet.
Person 3- Time & Care Manager: This person will decide how much time and veterinary care is involved in caring for 5 different pets and record their findings on the Research Worksheet.
3. Click on the link for the Research Worksheet for your role and print it out.
4. Begin to think about what types of pets you would like to own.
5. Collaborate with your teammates often- Good Communication Will Lead To A Great Presentation.
6. Go to the Process and follow the steps to complete your WebQuest.
home | Overview | Introduction | Quest | Process | Evaluation | Conclusion | Credits and References